What you need to know about MANUFACTURER SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE
True: Advances in automotive technology have resulted in cars that are better built and longer lasting, but no matter what the dealer's commercial may promise, they are not maintenance-free and parts do wear down. To assure peak performance and to assure that you get years of trouble-free driving, your manufacturer has developed a recommended maintenance schedule for your vehicle, which is outlined in your owner's manual.
When should my car have Scheduled Maintenance?
There are two types of maintenance services - minor and major. Minor services are generally performed at 7,500, 15,000, 45, 000 and 75,000 miles while major services are performed at 30,000, 60,000 and 90,000 mile intervals.
What is the "minor service"?
While it varies by make and model, minor services generally include:
- changing the oil and oil filter.
- lubricating the chassis if it has not been factory sealed.
- an inspection of all fluids, filters, belts, hoses, brakes and emissions.
- some manufacturers recommend tire rotation as a part of a minor service.
What is the "major service"?
While it varies by make and model, major services generally include:
- all minor services.
- the replacement of various filters, fluids, and spark plugs.
- timing belt replacement at the manufacturer’s recommended replacement interval.
- other specified major services relate to the fuel delivery, emissions, and ignition systems.
Will your service validate my warranty?
Scheduled maintenance service must be completed in order to keep your warranty valid, and Bothell Import Service is authorized to perform most of the services recommended by each manufacturer.
As with all services you receive at Bothell Import Service, the parts we install will meet or exceed manufacturer’s standards, and all used parts will be returned to you upon request. Bothell Import Service strongly advises that you have maintenance services performed based on the manufacturer’s suggested schedule. Additional services may also be recommended based on our inspection of the vehicle and industry standards.
Warranty 12 months or 12,000 miles which ever comes first!